Most people associate the month of February with President’s Day and Valentine’s Day. But did you know February is also American Heart Month? During the American Heart Month, many groups of people and organizations participate in different initiatives to help raise awareness around heart disease and how to prevent it.
One of the things the Center for Disease Control suggests we do in order to stay heart healthy and prevent heart disease is exercise. It is recommended that we exercise 150 minutes per week, which is about 21 minutes of exercise per day. And what better way to get that 150 minutes in than roller skating at Skate and Fun Zone?
The Heart Health Association even agrees that roller skating as a great, low-impact exercise for people of all ages.
At Skate and Fun Zone, we have many opportunities for you to get moving and get healthy this February! Here are our weekly public skate hours:
- Monday: 5pm -9pm, $4 admission
- Tuesday: 5pm -9pm, $4 admission
- Wednesday: 5pm -9pm, $4 admission
- Thursday: Only available for parties. Book yours today! Call us at 703-361-7465.
- Friday Super Skate: 4pm – 10pm, $8 admission
- Saturday’s Mega Skate: 11am – 11pm, $9 admission
- Sunday’s Fun Skate: 12pm – 5 pm, $7.50 admission and Adult Skate from 8pm – 10:30pm, $6.50 admission (must be 18 years or older)
You can also visit our events page for special skating events!
While you are at it, be sure to register your children that are 12 years old and younger at KidsSkateFree.com to get 2 free skating passes each week. The Kids Skate Free is a great program that was created to get kids active and to get them passionate about an activity that can keep them and their hearts healthy their whole lives.